Facebook Comment & Communications Policy
share this page
Information posted here is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice.
Please note that information provided and comments expressed by third parties on this page may not reflect the opinions and position of FINRA, the FINRA Investor Education Foundation or its officers and employees. External, non-FINRA links on this page do not constitute official FINRA endorsement.
The FINRA Investor Education Foundation welcomes your questions, comments, ideas and concerns on financial education, fraud prevention and other investor topics. We expect all comments and opinions will be respectful and follow the conventions of civil discourse.
FINRA and the FINRA Foundation do not discriminate against any views, but reserve the right to remove comments, photos, images or links that:
- contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language; personal attacks of any kind; disparaging remarks about FINRA or the FINRA Foundation; or offensive terms that target or disparage specific individuals or groups; or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others;
- are clearly off topic;
- advocate illegal activity or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
- promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- use personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, account numbers, addresses and telephone numbers (we recommend you not post personally identifiable information on our Facebook pages);
- disclose proprietary or privileged information or information that could compromise FINRA or FINRA Foundation’s security or their work; or
- the FINRA Foundation deems inappropriate.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Complaints, Tips and Inquiries
Communications made via the SaveAndInvest Facebook page should not be used for submitting any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
If you wish to contact FINRA or the FINRA Foundation with a complaint, tip or inquiry not related to SaveAndInvest.org, please use one of the following resources:
- Investor Complaints against brokerage firms and their employees should be filed through the Investor Complaint Center.
- Regulatory Tips of unfair practices or specific instances of abusive conduct should be reported via the Regulatory Tips process.
- Individuals with evidence of, or material information about, potentially illegal or unethical activity should report such information to the Office of the Whistleblower at [email protected] or 1-866-96-FINRA (1-866-963-4672).
- Individuals with concerns about operations, enforcement or other FINRA activities or who feel that the issue cannot be resolved through other channels should contact the Ombudsman’s Office.
- Individuals with questions or inquiries about grants or grant applications related to the FINRA Investor Education Foundation should visit the FINRA Foundation’s website for instructions on how to apply for a grant.
- FINRA will not accept unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries posted on its Facebook page. The SaveAndInvest Facebook page is not to be used for contracting or commercial business.
Updated November 17, 2011